Wrostler’s Barn is a beautiful off-grid camping barn in secluded woodland, close to Coniston Water on the quieter east side of the Lake. A fantastic eco-holiday that’s remote and secluded but just a one minute walk through the woods to the lake, car park and road. The barn can be yours for mid-week, long weekend and full week breaks most of the year round. The barn is has been upgraded and consists of two double bedrooms so sleeps 4 with bedding provided. There is also a day bed with trundle for an extra 2 people (no bedding provided).
*Book with Canopy here.
What there is
- Three level converted barn with kitchen, dining and two separate sleeping spaces
- Two double beds (bedding provided)
- Single day bed with additional fold out bed (no bedding provided)
- Outdoor shower with hot water
- Composting toilets with simple instructions
- Five-ring gas hob with gas provided
- LED solar lighting
- A good selection of kitchen cooking equipment
- Cutlery and crockery for 6 people
- Preparation table and picnic benches
- Wood burning stove with initial wood supply (more can be purchased)
- Cold water tap plus hot water when the wood-burner is lit
- Parking space for up to four cars within close proximity
- Steel barbecue
- Small campfires within fire site (wood supply provided)
- The barn stands within the fringe of the nationally important Dodgson Wood SSSi and for this reason no wood can be collected on the site. It is being run on a sustainable format with the use of locally coppiced wood, composting toilets and a strict recycling policy.